PROVEN may collect the following information about you:
- your name
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your on-line browsing activities on the PROVEN website;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with PROVEN; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website is designed by:
- PROVEN, or on behalf of PROVEN,
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation.
2. For PROVEN to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable PROVEN to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
When someone visits thisisproven.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, sendinblue, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see sendinblue’s privacy notice and GDPR FAQS https://www.sendinblue.com/gdpr/
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Davin Broadbent.
Under GDPR, the data subject has the right to access and amend any of their personal data that you hold. Make it easy for them by including a name and contact email.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Davin Broadbent
This policy will be reviewed annually or when any changes are made to legislation which will effect this policy and our customers. We are satisfied that this policy meets our obligations under the guidelines set down by the ICO on GDPR
This policy was last reviewed on 10/04/2018